No.32 enjoys the rarefied position of elevating Rels Reference range to an even higher orbit. No.32 retains the exquisite beauty of Rels curvilinear reference cabinets, an updated 15″ (380mm) true carbon fibre driver that boasts 4″ (100mm) of total stroke and Rels ultra-reliable 1,000 watt amp outfitted with thin film capacitors, higher gain and superior limiting.
The net result is a flagship model that stretched the edge of the art further with superior dynamics, richer tonal color, and a freer, more expressive character that opens up the midranges and highs in an unprecedented manner.
When Nothing but the Finest Will Do
No.32 represents the sum of Rels efforts, research, and knowledge gained over the past three decades as a leader in audio and subwoofers. Nothing we have built competes with the speed, agility, absence of texture, and vivid dynamic contrasts delivered by No.32. It represents the pinnacle of REL’s considerable experience and is Rels standard for future innovation. A remarkable sonic achievement, it transcends its illustrious forebear, which was named Product of the Decade just a few years ago. It is 1,000 watts, has a 15”(380 mm) pure carbon fibre driver, and has exquisite cabinetry requiring three weeks of labour to complete. However, each of these features only hints at what it takes to reside at the top of REL’s offerings, and No.32 is poised to be a design for the ages.
Beautiful Form Follows Functional Perfection
It is often said that form follows function. If that is true, what a lovely function we are following. The cabinet traces a curvilinear path established over a decade ago on the original Gibraltar. Here, the top surface tumbles down at the rear corners – a difficult treatment to execute, but one that produces a uniquely beautiful effect.
Triple-plated steel handles are inset into ellipses that allow for a secure grip, which is necessary when lifting an object over 200 pounds. Inside, the rear backing plate is well over half an inch thick and contoured to follow the inner surface, yielding a massively strong structure.
No.32’s new badge treatment combines the materials that appear most frequently within its design; the carbon fibre used throughout the driver is inset within a polished, cast alloy basket that is finished in 3 layers of plating to achieve a jewel-like sparkle. The overall design speaks to the remarkable efforts that went into ensuring No.32 is as striking visually as it is technically.
Arrayed For Battle
No.32 permits the same vertically stacked line array as the ultimate No.31. It delivers transformative performance that no competitor has been able to. For those who have been seeking the ultimate musical and theatre experience, Line Arrays unlock the final dimension of system reproduction. Audiophiles have chased three-dimensional sound for years, yet they have missed the simple fact that the height—not the depth—of image is the missing link. By creating products that are designed to be stacked 3 (or in exceptionally tall rooms, 5) units high while retaining individual crossover and gain control of each subwoofer in the array, REL has created a masterpiece that finally delivers what the most experienced audiophiles have been chasing for the past 40 years.
- TYPE: Closed box, front-firing driver
- ACTIVE DRIVER SIZE & MATERIAL: 15 in., 380mm long-throw, carbon fibre cone with inverted carbon fibre dust cap
- LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION: 15Hz at -6 dB
- INPUT CONNECTORS: High Level Neutrik Speakon, Low Level stereo RCA and XLR, LFE RCA, LFE XLR
- OUTPUT CONNECTORS: High Level Neutrik Speakon, LFE XLR, Line XLR
- POWER OUTPUT: 1,000 watts (RMS)
- AMPLIFIER TYPE: Pure Class D
- WIRELESS CAPABILITY: Yes - Rel Airship II, sold separately
- DUAL PARAMETRIC FILTER: Yes
- FULLY ELECTRONIC SET SAFE: Yes
- D.C. FAULT: Yes
- OUTPUT SHORT: Yes
- MAINS INPUT VOLTAGE: 220-240 volts, 110-120 volts for certain markets
- FUSES: 7 Amp semi delay 230 volts operation, 15 Amp semi delay 115 volts operation
- W X H X D: 29 1/4 x 21 x 32 1/8 in. (743 x 540 x 816 mm)
- NET WEIGHT: 187 lbs. (85 kg), shipping weight - 225 lbs. (102kg)
- FINISH: Piano Black Lacquer, 12 coats
- MAINS LEAD: Yes
- NEUTRIK SPEAKON: Yes (10 Meters Nominal)
- USERS MANUAL: Yes