Nordost FREY 2 USB C ADAPTER
The Frey 2 USB C Adapter gives audio enthusiasts who have previously invested in high-end USB cables the opportunity to continue to use those cables after upgrading to a source that requires USB C compatibility. Like the Frey 2 USB Cable, the adapter uses solid core, silver-plated 99.99999% OFC signal conductors. The use of solid core conductors eliminates the negative effects of strand interaction and skin effect. Each conductor is precision wound to correspond accurately with USB’s unique, hybrid twisted pair/non twisted pair geometry. The Frey 2 USB C Adapter utilizes Nordost’s proprietary FEP Micro Mono-Filament technology, which lowers the capacitance of the cable, both increasing signal speed and bandwidth. The conductors are then shielded with a dual layer of braid and foil shielding, to eliminate EMI and RFI and even comply with 3.0 standards. Before being terminated, the Frey 2 USB C Adapter is cut to a mechanically tuned length, which reduces internal microphonics and high-frequency impedance resonance. The Frey 2 USB C Adapter extends the life of your current USB cables while maintaining the hi-fidelity performance of your home sound system.
- Insulation: Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- Construction: Mechanically tuned length, Micro Mono-Filament, hybrid twisted pair/non twisted pair geometry
- Material: Solid core, silver-plated 99.99999% OFC
- 17 cm
- Overall Shield Coverage: 100% Total Coverage
- Terminations: Type C to Female Standard A (2.0 and 3.0 Compatible)