JBL Synthesis 4349
En modern 2-vägs högtalare i klassisk studio monitor-design, utrustad med HDI-horn och ett 12-baselement.
- Patented High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn, precision-molded in Sonoglass
- Patented D2415K dual 1.5-inch (38mm) high-frequency compression driver
- 12-inch (300mm) cast frame, Pure-pulp cone woofer with 3-inch voice coil
- Classic Studio Monitor design with premium finishes including satin Walnut wood veneer with blue grille or satin Black Walnut wood veneer with black grille
Designed and engineered in JBL’s world-famous acoustic engineering facility in Northridge, California, the 4349 Studio Monitor is a showcase of patented JBL acoustics technologies. This monitor loudspeaker features a 2-way design with patented High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn technology, the patented D2415K dual 1.5-inch (38mm) compression driver, and a 12-inch (300mm) cast-frame, Pure-pulp cone woofer for powerful dynamics and incredibly accurate sound reproduction.
JBL’s revolutionary High-Definition Imaging horn geometry is the result of intense research into the nuances of horn design. In search of exceptional high-frequency detail and uniform directivity for smooth in-room response, JBL engineers pioneered a design that delivers neutral frequency response both on- and off-axis and provides a seamless transition between the high and low frequency drivers.
The JBL D2415K compression driver benefits from the advanced research and applications derived from JBL Professional’s “D2” range of transducers. At the core of the D2415K device is a pair of lightweight, polymer, annular diaphragms that improve high-frequency extension by reducing diaphragm mass. The V-shaped geometry of the annular diaphragm reduces breakup modes, eliminating time smear and reducing distortion. The result is incredible dynamics with accurate reproduction and a lack of power compression. The “D” prefix indicates that this driver utilizes dual diaphragms, dual voice coils, and dual motors for an incredibly efficient design.
High-frequency and Ultra High-frequency tonal adjusters are located on the front panel below the horn and allow the sound to be tailored to the specific environment and listener preference. These controls work in conjunction with an advanced crossover network design that features air-core inductors, cast wire-wound resistors and low-ESR metallized film capacitors in a multi-cap configuration to optimize the performance of 4349 drive components. The multi-cap technique improves series capacitance by averaging their values while lowering ESR and distortion.
The 4349’s powerful 12-inch (300mm) woofer takes advantage of core JBL engineering techniques to ensure very high output with low distortion. The 3-inch (75mm) long-throw voice coil in conjunction with dual opposing spider dampers guarantee maximum output with significantly reduced distortion. A Pure-pulp cone provides a lightweight, rigid diaphragm and helps to eliminate breakup modes ensuring proper pistonic motion throughout the operating band.
The 4349 enclosure is heavily braced with 1-inch (25mm) thick walls to provide a solid acoustic foundation and incorporates a bass reflex design with dual front-firing, computer-optimized flared ports. The cabinet features a classic JBL studio monitor design with a blue baffle and is finished in a choice of Walnut or Black Walnut furniture-grade satin wood veneers. A blue (Walnut) or black (Black Walnut) cloth grille completes the elegant appearance. Dual sets of gold-plated binding posts provide a secure connection and offer a choice of single-ended or bi-wire/bi-amplified connections.
- Type: 2-way monitor loudspeaker
- Low Frequency Driver: 12" (300mm) Pure Pulp cone woofer (JW300PG-8)
- High Frequency Driver. D2415K, 1.5-inch (37.9mm) annular ring, Teonex® diaphragm compression driver with advanced HDI™ geometry horn molded in Sonoglass
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 - 200 WRMS
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Loudspeaker Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83V/1m
- Frequency Response: 32 Hz - 25 kHz (-6 dB)
- Coverage Angle, -6 dB @ 20kHz80 x 70 Degrees (Hor x Vert)
- Coverage Angle, -6 dB @ 10kHz100 x 100 Degrees (Hor x Vert)
- Crossover Frequency: 1.5 kHz
- Enclosure Type: V-braced front-ported cabinet
- Grille Feature: Monitor style to match horn mating features, supplied in dark blue (with walnut cabinet) and black (with black cabinet)
- Controls: HF and UHF tone controls
- Input Type: Dual sets of gold-plated binding posts with shorting straps
- Matching stand: JS-120
- Product Weight: 83 lb (37.7 kg)
- Dimensions with grille: 29" H x 17.5" W x 12.5" D (736.6mm x 444.5mm x 317.5mm) Note