Chord Electronics Qutest
Qutest is a standalone DAC whose performance belies its compact dimensions. With DAC architecture based on the award-winning Hugo 2, Qutest offers class-leading digital conversion.
- • Materials: Precision machined aluminium casing with polycarbonate buttons and glass viewing portal.
- Available in black.
- Device Power Supply: 5v 2amp Micro USB
- Connectivity (input) - 1x USB Type B (White): 44.1kHz – 768kHz – 16bit – 32bit - 2 x BNC Coax (Red): 44.1kHz – 768kHz – 16bit – 32bit - 1 x Optical (Green): 44.1kHz – 192kHz – 16bit – 24bit
- Connectivity (output) - 1 x Stereo pair of RCA (Left and Right) • PCM support: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 717.6kHz, and 768kHz.
- DSD support: Native playback supported. DSD64 (Single) to DSD512 (Octa-DSD)
- Variable output: Fixed, but selectable between 3v (blue), 2v (green), and 1v (red) via dual press of ‘Filter’ + ‘Input’ upon startup
- Driver support: Driverless with Mac OS X and Linux, driver required for Windows OS
- Digital designer: Rob Watts
- Mechanical Designer: John Franks
- Country of manufacture: England
- DAC Type: Custom coded FPGA design
- FPGA: Xilinx Artix 7
- Tap length: 49,152 taps
- Elements: 10 Element Pulse Array Design
- Architecture: Hugo 2
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- Dynamic range: 124dB A-Weighted
- THD: 0.0001% 1kHz 2.5v RMS 300ohms
- THD (2.5v RMS ref 3v):
- 117dB 300ohms A-Weighted
- Channel separation: 138dB at 1kHz 300ohms
- Noise floor modulation: None measurable
- Output impedance: 0.025 Ω