VPI Industries Cliffwood
For 40 years VPI have built turntables in American and kept it in the VPI family. For almost 30 of those years VPI have built our turntables in Cliffwood, New Jersey. With VPI reaching a more entry level market they are still able to make their products in Cliffwood, New Jersey. Most companies when making entry level products source their components outside their country of origin. This is why they celebrate our heritage and their VPI workers by naming this turntable after the place they are built.
- 1.25”" thick textured vinyl covered non-resonant MDF chassis.
- 16" x 11" footprint
- 19” x 14” x 6” overall size
- Aluminum Platter
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
- New 9” vertical Yoke type tonearm with lateral type bearing.
- Pivot to spindle: 223mm
- Effective length: 240.7mm
- Overhang: 17.7mm
- Offset angle: 22.85 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: 0.36%
- Damped machined aluminum armtube.
- Very pure copper wire, twisted with special insulating jacket.
- The armbase is upgradeable to a standard JMW 9 arm.
- Type: Belt drive (manual turntable)
- Motor: 600 RPM AC Motor - 2 speed pulley
- Turntable Platter: Aluminum# Diameter: 30.0 cm
- Turntable Speeds: 33.3 RPM and 45 RPM
- Dimensions: 470x343x109mm
- Weight: 5.9 kg
- Frequency Response: 10-50
- Principal: MI
- Channel Separation at 1KHz: 30
- Input Load: 47K
- Output at 1KHz (5CM/sec.): 5mV
- Recommended Tracking Force: 1.5
- Stylus Type: Elliptical
- Inductance: 45mH
- Resistance: 475
- Compliance CUs: 20