• The body of the cartridge is made in Titanium with SLM technique
• Special polished Ortofon Replicant 100 Diamond on a Diamond cantilever
• The magnet system is based on an extremely strong Neodymium magnet.
• Coil wire material: Aucurum, gold-plated 6NX oxygen free copper.
• A specially designed armature is used to achieve extreme precision in each coil turn in all layers.
The Ortofon Exclusives Series of highest performing Moving Coil cartridges has now been expanded to include a new premier model – the MC Verismo
The Ortofon Exclusives series cartridges are widely acknowledged as being some of the best Moving Coil cartridges on the market, and we are continuously working on expanding the Exclusives range to offer music lovers even more opportunities to experience the supreme quality, precision, impact and dynamics that a highend reference cartridge conveys.
The MC Verismo has been developed based on Ortofons extensive knowledge of vibration properties, different shapes and materials characteristics, as well as competences in magnetism, mechanical design and technologies. This new state-of-the-art product, representative of numerous Ortofon design ideals, is truly exemplary of the highest degree of performance possible in contemporary analogue playback technology. The MC Verismo will undoubtedly provide sound which simply has to be experienced.
The story behind the name
The name Verismo is derived from the Italian “vero”, meaning “true” and is the Italian for "realism". Versimo was a post-Romantic operatic genre, that had its origins in an Italian literary movement in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Verismo's operatic tradition is associated with Italian composers such as Pietro Mascagni, Ruggero Leoncavallo, Umberto Giordano, Francesco Cilea and Giacomo Puccini, who sought to portray the world with greater realism.