Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250
This year, to commemorate the 250th anniversary of the birth of Ludwig van Beethoven, Ortofon has announced the release of the 2M Black LVB 250 Exclusive Model.
The 2M Black flagship from Ortofon is widely acknowledged as being one of the best MM cartridges on the market, being “open, fast, detailed, vivid, full of vitality and sonically spectacular”, - Marc Mickelson, The Audio Beat, August 2016. But at Ortofon being the best doesn’t mean that we can’t get better.
BENEFITS OF HIGH-END MATERIALS AND ADVANCEMENTS IN TECHNOLOGIES
The 2M Black LVB 250 has been recreated from the concepts of its predecessor, the 2M Black, but the 2M Black LVB 250 performance takes one step further to enhance the cartridge’s capabilities and technical excellence.
The 2M Black LVB 250 uses a Nude Shibata diamond on a Boron cantilever, the combination known from the acclaimed MC Cadenza Black cartridge.
The Nude Shibata stylus’s slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the highest frequencies.
The use of an extremely stiff and lightweight Boron cantilever adds remarkable transparency, speed and responsiveness.
To attain an optimal interaction between compliance and damping, a new rubber compound for the suspension system has been developed. The new rubber compound formula is based on the Multi Wall Carbon Nano Tubes (MWCNT) highly efficient nano filler. The new MWCNT-based compound offers desirable mechanical properties, which ensure better damping and improve the overall performance of the cartridge.
Also, the new MWCNT rubber compound allows for more environmental-friendly production, adding further benefit. The MWCNT powder is applied in a rubber polymer matrix and not in a powdered form, which makes the production process more clean, non-polluting and energy saving.
PERFORMANCE WITH A RANGE OF COMPATIBILITY
With an optimal weight of 7.2 g and compliance of 22 μm/mN to suit the vast majority of modern tonearms, the 2M Black LVB 250 is easily compatible with an endless array of modern High-End equipment and is the ultimate solution for high fidelity reproduction.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: < 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 27 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency response: 20 – 20,000 +2 / –1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 22 μm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 6/50 μm
- Cantilever material: Boron
- Tracking force range: 1.5 – 1.7 g (15 – 17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.6 g (16 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1.2 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150 – 300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Black
- Cartridge weight: 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M Black LVB 250
- Interchangeable with: 2M Bronze and 2M Black