Immersive Surround Sound Processor
Designed to ensure exceptional performance without compromise. With best- in- class audio and video signal integrity, 16 channels of native processing, Dolby ATMOS, DTS:X 3D, Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced, Dirac Live, Logic16, Network Streaming, Dante and Class G amplification; the SDP-55 delivers a powerful, sensory-rich experience with unrivaled flexibility.
Best in class audio and video signal integrity and processing ensure exceptional transparency even with the most demanding program material. Dual audiophile-grade 24 Bit/ 192kHz ESS Sabre Pro DACs, combined with Dirac Live room equalization ensure pristine sound for music and movies. The Harman proprietary Logic 16 up mixer allows content to envelop the listener with a rich and natural three dimensional sound, no matter the source format.
Your Content Your Way
The SDP55 provides a variety of ways to play music over Ethernet or Wi-Fi by streaming directly from your tablet or phone with Chromecast® built-in, Apple® AirPlay 2™ or the Harman MusicLife app. For instant playback, there is Bluetooth with aptX® HD. The SDP-55 is Roon Ready and MQA is supported. There’s even a DAB/FM radio!
Advanced circuitry and decades of know-how ensure the 4K "Ultra HD" video signal is perfectly clear and rock solid. The video stages are designed to harness the latest technology and deliver the best quality formats including Dolby Vision™, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+, HDMI2.0b with HDCP2.2, and 3D video compatibility built-in. Audio can be returned from a smart TV in high-resolution audio via HDMI eARC.
The JBL Synthesis SDP-55 is an IMAX Enhanced-certified AV receiver and features DTS:X immersive audio decoding that is optimized to properly reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in IMAX Enhanced content. With meticulous adjustments modeled on the IMAX theatrical sound system, this proprietary IMAX audio mix is translated for home theater environments and exclusively delivered using a special variant of the DTS:X CODEC technology to deliver the IMAX signature sound experience in the home.
The JBL Synthesis SDP-55 leverages the 24bit /192k ESS® Sabre 9028 Pro featuring -120dB THD+N for D/A conversion. The analog circuitry on the input and output stages is optimized for unequaled dynamic range, ultra-low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity. Carefully designed anti-jitter circuitry and ultra-clean power supplies are incorporated to ensure all audio paths, including HDMI, are uncompromised.
With 15.1 decoding, 9.1.6 preamp outputs, both balanced XLR, and single-ended RCA, independent Zone 2 combined with RS232, and Ethernet, the SDP-55 offers exceptional versatility. Four of the sixteen channels allow independent volume and delay settings for added configuration options. Independent volume control for the subwoofers allow fine-tuning, and front panel headphone and aux (3.5mm) jacks add convenience. Flexible configuration, including Dante, IP, IR, and RS232 control and a Zone 2 with high-resolution audio, 4K video, IR, and triggers make the SDP-55 an outstanding choice for a broad range of applications.
- Immersive High Resolution Sound: 16 Channels of discrete high resolution processing with 4 user configurable channels enable a plethora of set up options for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X3D, Auro 3D Immersive Surround Sound Applications.
- Dante Network Audio: All 16 channels of processed audio, plus Zone 2 can be routed on a single CAT5e, CAT6 cable over a standard network. Dante is easy to set up and compatible with Dante enabled JBL Synthesis amplifiers.
- IMAX Enhanced: IMAX Enhanced-certified AV receiver and features DTS:X immersive audio decoding that is optimized to properly reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in IMAX Enhanced content.
- Play music over Ethernet or Wi-Fi, with Chromecast built-in, Apple AirPlay 2, or the Harman MusicLife app.
- Roon Ready and MQA supported
- Play music directly from phones and tablets with Bluetooth aptX® HD.
- Balanced XLR Outputs: A transformerless balanced output of 2V RMS (max.10 V RMS) ensures ample gain and common mode noise rejection.
- Cinematic Video Experience: Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDMI2.0b with HDCP2.2, 4K "Ultra HD" as well as 3D video capabilities are built-in.
- Designed for the Integrator: With an available rack mount kit, Dante, eARC and an internal Java-based configuration page, Dirac Live, IP, IR, and RS232, the install, set up, and calibration has never been easier.
- Logic 16: Logic 16 will up-mix any input source from mono up to 15.1, including all Dolby formats with natural astonishing 3D sound. In addition Dolby, DTS Neural:X, and Auro 3D upmixers are on board.
- Maximum input: 4.5V rms
- Nominal sensitivity: 1V, 2V, 4V (user adjustable)
- Input impedance: 47kΩ
- Signal/noise ratio (A-wtd ref 100W) normal/stereo direct: 100dB/110dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.1dB
- Nominal output level (single-ended/balanced): 1V RMS / 2V RMS (max. 5V RMS / 10 V RMS)
- Output impedance: 560Ω
- THD+N (20Hz—20kHz): –100dB
- Maximum output level into 32Ω: 5Vrms
- Output impedance: 560Ω:<100Ω
- Mains voltage: 110–120V or 220–240V, 50–60Hz
- Power consumption (maximum): 50W (Thermal dissipation approx. 170 BTU/hour)
- Power consumption (idle, typical): 40W (Thermal dissipation approx. 170 BTU/hour)
- Power consumption (standby): <0.5W
- Dimensions W x D (including speaker terminals) x H (including feet): 433 x 425 x 171mm
- Weight (net): 10.6kg
- Weight (packed): 13.9kg
What's in the box?
- Remote Control with 2 X AAA Batteries
- Calibration Mic
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
- DAB/FM Aerial Antennna
- 3 x Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Antennas