The Concentro S 509
The dream that inspires. The idea that turns it into reality. The passion for detail that creates something truly special: the ELAC Concentro S 509 is a piece of master craftsmanship, conceived to celebrate music with all senses.
Its exterior is a perfect symbiosis of the extravagant design of the Concentro and the clean lines of the VELA Series. The trapezoid basic shape, wraparound baffle, and gently angled cabinet combine to convey a natural, low-key appearance. The striking bottom assembly achieves a ‘high-heel’ effect, imparting a sense of elegance and stability. Incidentally, it also guarantees an exceptionally sound footing.
The innovative stepX-JET features a concentric chassis built around a new JET 5c tweeter and a midrange driver with an aluminum membrane. A patented technology uses exchangeable DCRs (Directivity Control Ring) to tailor the directionalcharacteristics in the mid-frequency range to conditions in the listening area. The different DCRs (three aluminum DCRs are included as standard) are used to influence the relationship between direct and diffuse sound in the listening area.
Side-Firing Long Throw Woofers
Four powerful side-firing long-throw woofers ensure effortless performance. The special ICD configuration (Impluse Compensated Design) guarantees contoured bass reproduction free of any coloration due to unwanted mechanical vibrations. Put simply, the Concentro S 509 will satisfy the most discerning listeners by reproducing audio signals to perfection across the entire frequency spectrum and at all volumes.
- Height: 1320mm with Spikes/Washer
- Width: 325mm with Spikes/Washer
- Depth: 460mm with Spikes/Washer
- Weight: 42,8 kg
- Type: 4-Way, Bass Reflex
- Woofer: 4 x 180mm AS Cone
- Low-Midrange: 1 x 180mm AS-XR Cone
- High-Midrange: 1×50 | 130mm AL Cone
- Tweeter: 1 x Jet 5c
- Crossover Frequency: 120 | 400 | 2600 Hz
- Nominal power handling: 280 Watts
- Minimum Impedance: 3.2 Ohms @ 360 Hz
- Peak Power Handling: 340 Watts
- Frequency Range: 22 – 50,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 88 dB / 2.83V/m
- Suitable for Amplifiers: 4 – 8 ohms
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 60 – 600 Watts per channel
- Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss, Walnut High Gloss
- Accessories Included: Bi-Wiring Set, Gloves, Spike Set, Washer