Chord Electronics HUGO TTOBY
The TToby has been designed to complement our desktop DAC/headphone amplifier, the Hugo TT and shares the same compact form factor as its stablemate. The combination of Hugo TT and TToby provides a high-quality hi-fi system, with desktop dimensions and a space-saving footprint. Despite its size, the TToby sets new standards for small amplifiers and takes full advantage of Chord Electronics’ proprietary amplification technology and design know-how.
The addition of TToby, enables owners of the Hugo TT to fully exploit the device as a ‘digital preamp’, effortlessly driving a wide variety of loudspeakers, large or small, in addition to the Hugo TT’s headphone prowess. The TToby is a 100-watt design, featuring both an unbalanced and balanced input, to take advantage of the Hugo TT’s XLR output.
TToby features two of our famous high-frequency power supplies and benefits from forced air-cooling through the aluminium casework by means of a sonically closed anechoic miniature multi-speed quadruple-fan plenum chamber, enabling the external design to be free of sharp heatsinks and, therefore, carry a stunning aesthetic. The Hugo TT/TToby combination offers both class-leading DAC and amplification technology via headphones and loudspeakers, giving complete flexibility within the demands of busy households.
- 1 x Stereo Pair of Gold Plated Balanced XLR Inputs
- 1 x Stereo Pair of Gold Plated Unbalanced RCA Inputs
- 1 x Pair of High Quality, High Current, Gold Plated Type Speaker Terminals
- Output Power: 100w RMS per channel @ 0.016% distortion into 4Ω
- Frequency Range: 5Hz – 100kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Better than -103dB
- Channel Separation: Better than 95dB
- Input Impedance: 100kΩ Unbalanced/Balanced
- Input Capacitance: <32pf
- Output Inductance: 2.6μH
- Slew Rate: 70v per μS 1kHz, 20v Square Wave
- Gain: 30dB
- Stability: Unconditional
- Dimensions: 235mm (w) x 225mm (d) x 55mm (h)
- Weight: 3.75 kg