Class G Immersive Surround Sound AVR with 16 channels of native processing, Dolby ATMOS, DTS:X, Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced, Dirac Live, streaming, and Dante.
Designed to ensure exceptional performance without compromise. With best- in- class audio and video signal integrity, 16 channels of native processing, Dolby ATMOS, DTS:X, Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced, Dirac Live, Logic16, Network Streaming, Dante and Class G amplification; the SDR-35 delivers a powerful, sensory-rich experience with unrivaled flexibility.
Best in class audio and video signal integrity and processing, as well as uncompromised Class G amplification, ensure exceptional transparency even with the most demanding program material. Dual audiophile-grade 24Bit / 192kHz ESS Sabre Pro DACs, combined with Dirac Live room equalization and the exceptional dynamics and low distortion of Class G amplification ensure pristine sound for music and movies. The Harman proprietary Logic 16 up mixer allows content to envelop the listener with a rich and natural three dimensional sound, no matter the source format.
Your Content Your Way
The SDR35 provides a variety of ways to play music over Ethernet or Wi-Fi by streaming directly from your tablet or phone with Chromecast® built-in, Apple® AirPlay 2™ or the Harman MusicLife app. For instant playback, there is Bluetooth with aptX® HD. The SDR35 is Roon Ready and MQA is supported. There’s even a DAB/FM radio!
Advanced circuitry and decades of know-how ensure the 4K "Ultra HD" video signal is perfectly clear and rock solid. The video stages are designed to harness the latest technology and deliver the best quality formats including Dolby Vision™, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+, HDMI2.0b with HDCP2.2, and 3D video compatibility built-in. Audio can be returned from a smart TV in high-resolution audio via HDMI eARC.
The JBL Synthesis SDR-35 is an IMAX Enhanced-certified AV receiver and features DTS:X immersive audio decoding that is optimized to properly reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in IMAX Enhanced content. With meticulous adjustments modeled on the IMAX theatrical sound system, this proprietary IMAX audio mix is translated for home theater environments and exclusively delivered using a special variant of the DTS:X CODEC technology to deliver the IMAX signature sound experience in the home.
The JBL Synthesis SDR-35 leverages the 24bit /192 kHz ESS® Sabre 9028 Pro featuring -120dB THD+N for D/A conversion. The analog circuitry on the input and output stages is optimized for unequaled dynamic range, ultra-low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity. Carefully designed anti - jitter circuitry and ultra-clean power supplies are incorporated to ensure all audio paths, including HDMI, are uncompromised.
Class G Amplification - The Best of Both Worlds
Class G offers greater efficiency and transparency, with less wasted heat energy than class A. Like a hybrid car engine, Class G implements multiple power supplies. The first power supply runs in pure Class A, which has no crossover distortion. If a dynamic signal is received that goes beyond the capability of this first power supply, the secondary supply is gradually incorporated up to full rated power output as required. This efficient design means additional power is only used when required. Modern high-speed silicon allows this switch to take place well beyond the audio bandwidth. Multiple output devices within the amplifier ensure your listening experience is powerful, dynamic and crystal clear.
With 15.1 decoding, 9.1.6 preamp outputs, plus seven channels of amplification, independent Zone 2 combined with RS232, and Ethernet, the SDR-35 offers exceptional versatility. Four of the sixteen channels allow independent volume and delay settings for added configuration options. Independent volume control for the subwoofers allow fine-tuning, and front panel headphone and aux (3.5mm) jacks add convenience. Flexible configuration, including Dante, IP, IR, and RS232 control and a Zone 2 with high-resolution audio, 4K video, IR, triggers, and optional power , make the SDR-35 an outstanding choice for a broad range of applications.
The JBL Synthesis SDR-35 includes Dante, an uncompressed, multi-channel digital media networking technology, with near-zero latency and synchronization. All 16 channels of processed audio, plus Zone 2 (18 channels total) can be routed to any Dante enabled receiving device over a standard network. Dante does away with heavy, expensive analog or multicore cabling, replacing it with low-cost, easily-available CAT5e, CAT6 for a simple, lightweight, and economical solution. Dante is easy to set up and compatible with JBL Synthesis Dante enabled amplifiers as well as a wide selection of third-party Dante-enabled audio products. Dante integrates media and control for your entire system over a single, standard IP network. The applications are endless.
JBL has a rich history in professional digital audio processing, with products found in the vast majority of world-class recording studios. This pedigree is evident in the proprietary Logic16 up mixer, which produces astonishing natural three-dimensional sound. Designed by HARMAN® research scientists and engineers, Logic16 provides a listening experience that will make you feel like you are in the concert hall or on the set. This subtlety is achieved without the sense of psycho-acoustic processing or effects. Logic 16 will up-mix any input source from mono up to 15.1, including all Dolby formats.
Luxurious Industrial Design
The modern industrial design exudes luxury. The half-inch thick anodized aluminum fascia with bead -blasted accents and solid glass display makes a distinguished statement. A sturdy 2” aluminum knob performs volume control and data entry with a smooth and steady feel while the geometric button array keeps the lines clean and functionality simple. Front panel menu options are served up on full-color display.
Designed for the Integrator
The JBL Synthesis SDR-35 is designed for a broad range of CI applications. With an available rack mount kit, Dante, eArc and in internal Java-based configuration page, and range of control options, the install, set up, calibration and user experience is better than ever. Control drivers are available for Crestron, Control 4, Elan, RTI, URC, and Savant.
- Immersive High Resolution Sound: 16 Channels of discrete high resolution processing with 4 user configurable channels enable a plethora of set up options for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro 3D immersive surround sound applications.
- Dante Network Audio: All 16 channels of processed audio, plus Zone 2 can be routed on a single CAT5e, CAT6 cable over a standard network. Dante is easy to set up and compatible with Dante enabled JBL Synthesis amplifiers.
- IMAX Enhanced: IMAX Enhanced-certified AV receiver and features DTS:X immersive audio decoding that is optimized to properly reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in IMAX Enhanced content.
- Play music over Ethernet or Wi-Fi, with Chromecast built-in, Apple AirPlay 2, or the Harman MusicLife app.
- Roon Ready and MQA supported
- Play music directly from phones and tablets with Bluetooth aptX® HD.
- Class G Amplification: Like a hybrid car engine, Class G implements multiple power supplies. The first power supply runs in pure Class A, which has no crossover distortion. If a dynamic signal is received that goes beyond the threshold of this first power supply, the secondary supply is gradually incorporated as required.
- Cinematic Video Experience: Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDMI2.0b with HDCP2.2, 4K "Ultra HD" as well as 3D video capabilities are built-in.
- Designed for the Integrator: Dante, eARC, and an internal Java-based configuration page, Dirac Live, IP, IR, and RS232, and all major control system drivers -controlling the install, setup, and calibration has never been easier.
- Available rack mount kit (JBLRMRK sold separately)
- Continuous power output, per channel: 8Ω/4Ω
- 2 channels driven, 20Hz - 20kHz, <0.02% THD: 120W/200W
- 2 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD: 140W/220W
- 7 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD: 100W/180W
- Residual noise & hum (A-wtd): <0.15mV
- Maximum input: 4.5V rms
- Nominal sensitivity: 1V, 2V, 4V (user adjustable)
- Input impedance: 47kΩ
- Signal/noise ratio (A-wtd ref 100W) normal/stereo direct: 100dB/110dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.1dB
- Nominal output level: 1V RMS (max. 5V RMS)
- Output impedance: 560Ω
- THD+N (20Hz—20kHz): –100dB
- Headphone Output: Maximum output level into 32Ω 5Vrms
- Headphone Output: Output impedance 560Ω <100Ω
- Mains voltage: 110–120V or 220–240V, 50–60Hz
- Power consumption (maximum): 50W (Thermal dissipation approx. 170 BTU/hour)
- Power consumption (idle, typical): 40W (Thermal dissipation approx. 170 BTU/hour)
- Power consumption (standby): <0.5W
- Dimensions W x D (including speaker terminals) x H (including feet): 433 x 425 x 171mm
- Weight (net): 10.6kg
- Weight (packed): 13.9kg
What's in the box?
- Remote Control with 2 X AAA Batteries
- Calibration Mic
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
- DAB/FM Aerial Antennna
- 3 x Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Antennas