iFi Audio Zen Phono
Fall in love with your LPs all over again. Pedigree. Performance. Peerless.
LPs + ZEN = Magical combo.You’ve spent years building your dream LP collection. We know because we have done the same!
The ZEN Phono is a wonderful enhancement to your vinyl setup. It will max out every MM/MC cartridge.
Choc full of AMR/iFi trickle-down vinyl technology, it will have you poring over your LPs into the wee, small hours.
Spec’d to make you smile. Unlike any other entry-level phono stage.
The ZEN Phono has:
- MM/MC from 36dB >72dB gain. Super-silent noise floor -151dBV
- Precise RIAA with Balanced output, performance comparable to +$1k phono stages
- An intelligent sub-sonic filter. Addresses warp without eliminating bass
Flagship phono amplifiers create their own power supply off the mains, like a mains regenerator. This is fundamental to a well-designed phono stage. Without this, it will struggle to amplify the signal without added noise. This is why phono stages ‘hiss’ so annoyingly.
Unusually, the ZEN Phono has its own high-tech clean power supply. It creates a 1.2MHz power supply (20,000x mains frequency of 60Hz). In this circuit, a 10uF filtering capacitor = 200,000uF at lower, audible frequencies. With serious levels of noise filtration, it performs at the level of classic LC filtering circuits as found in classic tube amplifiers. On its own ‘island’ PCB, it is isolated so there is no noise pollution of the analogue stage.
Just super clean +/- 12V DC.
Measured EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) is -151dBV. It is 20dBV quieter than some Stereophile Class A+ phonos which are -131dBV.
- Gain settings: MC (v lo): 72dB (+/- 1dB). MC (lo): 60dB (+/- 1dB). MC (hi): 48dB (+/- 1dB). MM: 36dB (+/- 1dB)
- AI Sub-sonic filter- Remedies only the 'warp' in LPs- No negative impact to bass response
- Max Output Voltage (RMS)- 20v RMS bal output into 100k (< 1% THD & N)- 13.5V RMS bal output into 600R (< 1% THD & N)
- Output Impedance- BAL: 200 Ohm resistive- SE: 100 Ohm resistive
- Dimensions- 158 x117 x35 mm
- Net weight: 515g